Exo Terra Plantation Soil – Bag – 8 qt (8.8 L)
The Exo Terra Plantation Soil is a 100% natural, biodegradable terrarium substrate made from sustainable, ground coconut husk fiber grown on plantations in tropical Asia. The unique hygroscopic properties of this ecological substrate regulate the terrarium’s humidity in a natural way and is totally safe for frogs, salamanders and other burrowing or digging animals.
Adequate air humidity levels aid in shedding and help prevent respiratory infections. The Exo Terra Plantation Soil makes an ideal substrate to create natural planted terrarium set-ups for humidity-loving reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates. Its water retention, natural rooting hormones and anti-fungal properties promote plant growth in your terrarium. The unique coir pith used for the Exo Terra Plantation Soil consists of a mixture of short fibres and coco-peat grain sizes ranging from coarse granules to fine clumps resulting in improved soil drainage and healthy plant root aeration.
The improved aeration also promotes the cultivation of healthy waste-reducing organisms keeping your terrarium fresh and clean. Exo Terra Plantation Soil is triple machine washed to remove any residual salt content, then machine dried and heat-treated to reduce bacterial contamination. Exo Terra Plantation Soil can also be used as an incubation medium because of its hygroscopic properties. Exo Terra Coco Husk is absolutely non-toxic, free of chemicals & pesticides and can be safely composted in your garden.
Key Features :
- Ideal for tropical terrarium set-ups
- Controls air humidity levels naturally
- Nutritional substrate for tropical plants
- Made from a sustainable resource
- Heat treated and reduces bad odors
- Machine washed three times
- Very resistant to mold and decay
- Safely composted
- Promotes the cultivation of healthy waste-reducing organisms
- Plantation soil is ground, sieved, triple washed, machine dried and heat-treated